General Conditions - Warranty and Service repair
1. ApplicabilityThese general conditions apply for warranty and service repair work performed by Crosscontrol AB, Alfta, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as Supplier.
Companies that source products from the Supplier, and from time to time will return products to the Supplier for warranty and service repair work are hereinafter referred to as Customer.
2. Process and conditionsA. When Customer wants to return a product, Customer shall request a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) by contacting the Supplier via our main site crosscontrol.com -> "Support" -> SUPPORT, SERVICE & REPAIR CONTACT CENTER.
B. Supplier receive information about the product. Critical information to be included are,
This info helps to identify the product(s) and it enables to evaluate if the product(s) is within Warranty or not.C. Supplier shall then respond to the RMA request with a confirmation of the RMA and instructions on how the Customer should proceed with the return of the product(s).
- Part number.
- Serial number(s).
- A detailed fault description.
- Date when the unit(s) was taken into commercial use.
D. When Supplier receives the product(s) he shall undertake fault analysis and revert to Customer within 5 working days with an RPA (Returned Product Assessment) including,
- Fault analysis
- Recommended corrective action, repair activity
- Statement whether the returned product(s) are covered by warranty, and if not, an estimate cost on the repair.
Route A – Repair covered by warrantyE. This route applies when the RPA concludes that the returned merchandise is covered by warranty.F. Supplier shall perform the repair and ship out the repaired product(s) within 10 working days. For larger batches, the time for repair may be longer.
Route B – Repair not covered by warrantyG. This route applies when the RPA concludes that the returned merchandise has fault not covered by warranty.H. Customer has 10 working days to respond to the RPA, whether he wants the proposed repair performed or not. One reminder will be sent by Supplier.
I. In case of repair, Supplier shall perform the repair and ship out the repaired product(s) within 10 working days. For larger batches, the time for repair may be longer.
- If Customer does not respond to the RPA, the merchandise will be scrapped. Supplier is entitled to charge the Customer the RPA cost.
- If Customer responds to the RPA, the product will be either repaired or scrapped, depending on Customer’s ruling. If the ruling is to scrap the product, Supplier is entitled to charge the Customer the RPA cost.
Route C - No fault foundJ. This route applies when the RPA concludes that the returned merchandise has no fault.K. Customer has 10 working days to respond to the RPA, whether he wants the product returned or not. One reminder will be sent by Supplier.
- If Customer does not respond to the RPA, the merchandise will be returned to Customer. Supplier is entitled to charge the Customer the RPA cost and cost of transportation.
RMA automation This applies only to RMA created on our Support, Service And Repair Contact Center In addition to the fields required in the form, be also sure to fill in information for: RMA - Warranty Claim Department: Service and Repair and choose ...
What happens to a unit that we send to Crosscontrol for repair/service?
What happens to a unit that we send to Crosscontrol for repair/service? Will the software be affected that is installed on the unit? When the unit arrives, we register it in our system with the information we received from you via mail, service ...
Information regarding our summer closing period 2022
Summer closing period 2022 Our production and service department is closed from July 11th to July 31st During week July 4th – July 8th and week August 1st – August 5th we will have reduced capacity. During this period, we will review incoming ...
Important information regarding incoming deliveries to CrossControl.
Our freight reception is closed from Friday the 20th of May until Wednesday the 1st of June due to rebuilding of our warehouse. All incoming goods will during that time be stored with our carriers and then delivered to us when the warehouse reopens.
I can't sign in to my account
Create your account If you are notified that the user does not exist when you try to sign in, then you must create a new user. First, you need to create an account. To do this, select: "Sign In" followed by "Sign Up" After filling in the information ...